In 2017, the conference will include an Awards presentation for innovation in Economic Development; Planning and Building; Environment and Sustainability; Community Development; and Leadership. Applications for entry are open now.
The Conference Committee would like to thank our keynote and panel speakers, oral and poster presenters and session chairs for their valuable contribution to the discussion and debate.
- David Fleming – Research Economist, CSIRO
- Sean Gordon – Chief Executive Officer, Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Land Council
- Nicky Ison and Jarra Hicks – Founding Directors, Community Power Agency
- Michael Kilgariff – Chief Executive, Australian Logistics Council
- Assoc Prof Simon McArthur, Deputy Chair, Australian Regional Tourism Network
- Warwick Powell – Chairman, Sister City Partners
Who Should Attend?
This Conference is designed for individuals and representatives from organisations with an academic, business or professional interest in regional development. It will appeal in particular to:
- Federal Government inter-agency representatives
- State Government representatives
- Local Government representatives including CEO, General Managers, Mayors and Elected Officials
- Economic and Community Development Managers and Groups
- Sustainability and Environment Groups
- Organisations representing indigenous affairs
- Town Planners, Architects, Builders, Project Managers and Engineers
- Chamber of Commerce, RDA and Economic Development Groups
- Banking, Finance and others interested in Economic Development
- Academics and Researchers, Education Bodies
- Local Business Owners and Managers
- Resource Sector, Tourism Operators and Agricultural bodies