Award Winners Announced
Click here for more information
Featured Dinner Speaker
Emma Dean holds a Masters in Environment and Planning, a Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Politics and a Cert IV in Nutrition and Personal Training. Emma has also worked in behavior change in transport and climate change before she entered, and was crowned the winner of, MasterChef Australia in 2013. Find out more...
- Abstract Submissions Open: February 2015
- Abstract Submissions Close: 15 May 2015
- Notification to Authors: 29 May 2015
- Author Acceptances: 8 June 2015
- Program Available: 12 June 2015
- Full Papers for Peer Review: 15 July 2015
- Early Bird Registrations Close: 15 July 2015
Click here to find out more
Connect with Us
Keep up to date on the Conference via Twitter or subscribe to our blog and receive new posts by email.
|Information and new website available early 2016|
Australian Regional Development Conference - Canberra, A.C.T 2016
Thank you to our speakers, delegates, session chairs, sponsors and supporters for contributing to a highly successful Australian Regional Development Conference held at the Commercial Club on 26 – 28 August 2015.
Albury was once again an excellent destination to host this Conference.
The 3 day program included 9 keynote presenters, 58 session presenters, 4 workshops, poster and trade displays along with the Innovation Awards Presentation Dinner.
Our presenters focused on the issues and opportunities facing Regional Australia today and into the future including Economic Development, Planning and Building, Sustainability and Community Development.
Conference highlights were notably the Innovation Awards presented during the Conference Dinner, which included 5 inspiring presentations from the award winners and a food-for-thought presentation from Emma Dean, the 2013 winner of MasterChef.
Audio recordings of the presentations will be made available to delegates in the coming weeks along with the book of proceedings.
A special thank you to our 2015 Keynote Speakers:
- Mr Jack Archer – Chief Executive Officer, Regional Australia Institute
- Ms Anna Campbell - Senior Livestock Policy Director, AgForce Queensland
- Mr Glenn Capuano - Demographer .id Consulting
- Adjunct Professor Paul Collits - Napier City Council, New Zealand
- Mr Paul Deane - Senior Agricultural Economist, ANZ Banking Group
- Professor Max Finlayson - Professor for Ecology & Biodiversity, Director, Institute for Land, Water & Society, Charles Sturt University
- Mr Len Olyott - Senior Consultant, Industry Solutions, Esri Australia
- Prof Richard Speed - Pro Vice-Chancellor, La Trobe University
Feedback from 2015 Attendees:
- There was a terrific selection of topics at the conference
- Presentations by all speakers was informative and interesting
- I felt there was a fantastically well thought out range of sessions to choose from and most of the 15 I attended were very thought provoking and insightful
- It was very professionally organised and presented and everyone was very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly
- A good mix of interesting papers covering a wide range of areas. It was also good that the papers were practical and not too academic.
Keep up-to-date on the Conference via Twitter or subscribe to our blog and receive new posts by email.
We look forward to seeing you next year!
- Tim Farrah, Regional Manager - Hume & Riverina, AIG Group
- Mark Glover, Director, Renewed Carbon Pty. Ltd
- Sherri Makepeace, Owner/Director , Chitoda
- Tony McBurney, Director, Integrated Design Group
- Peter Sugg, Chair, Sustainability in Business Association Inc
Confirmed Keynotes 2015
|Jack Archer– Chief Executive Officer, Regional Australia Institute|
|Prof Richard Speed, Pro Vice-Chancellor, La Trobe University|
|Glenn Capuano, Demographer .id Consulting|
|Paul Deane, Senior Agricultural Economist, ANZ Banking Group|
|Professor Max Finlayson, Professor for Ecology & Biodiversity, Director, Institute for Land, Water & Society, Charles Sturt University|
|Adjunct Professor Paul Collits, Napier City Council, New Zealand|
|Mr Len Olyott, Senior Consultant, Industry Solutions, Esri Australia|
|Ms Anna Campbell, Senior Livestock Policy Director, AgForce Queensland|
2015 Sponsors, Exhibitors & Supporters
Past Sponsors, Exhibitors & Supporters