The 3rd Australian Regional Development Conference will be held in Canberra on 5 – 6 September 2016.
Regional Australia – Planning, Participation and Progress will explore opportunities for innovation in regional Australia. With its rich resources, diversity, and value, regional Australia is the catalyst for the future.
The Conference addresses issues such as sustainable development, environmental sustainability, land use, community development, investment, agribusiness and innovation.
With program content including an extensive range of topics from Keynote Presenters, Concurrent Sessions, Case Studies and Poster Presentations, this is a Conference for planners, local Councils, Government, business, NGO, community organisations, academics and professionals with an interest in regional sustainability.
The conference is an initiative of the Association for Sustainability in Business Inc., a non-Government not-for-profit organisation.
Concurrent session themes
|SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT NOW|
Who Should Attend?
This Conference is designed for individuals and representatives from organisations with an academic, business or professional interest in regional development. It will appeal in particular to:
- Federal Government inter-agency representatives
- State Government representatives
- Local Government representatives including CEO, General Managers, Mayors and Elected Officials
- Economic and Community Development Managers and Groups
- Sustainability and Environment Groups
- Organisations representing indigenous affairs
- Town Planners, Architects, Builders, Project Managers and Engineers
- Chamber of Commerce, RDA and Economic Development Groups
- Banking, Finance and others interested in Economic Development
- Academics and Researchers, Education Bodies
- Local Business Owners and Managers
- Resource Sector, Tourism Operators and Agricultural bodies
- Tony McBurney, Director, Integrated Design Group – Chair
- Susan Benedyka, Managing Director, The Regional Development Company
- Mark Glover, Director and CEO, Renewed Carbon Pty Ltd
- Professor Fiona Haslam McKenzie, Co-Director, Centre for Regional Development