The Australian Regional Development Conference was held in Albury NSW on 15 & 16 October with optional workshops on Friday 17 October 2014.
Thank you to our speakers, delegates, session chairs, sponsors and supporters for contributing to a very successful Australian Regional Development Conference held at the Commercial Club.
Albury proved a fabulous destination to host the Conference from 15 – 17 October 2014.
More than 220 delegates attended over the three days with the program including 9 keynote presenters, 56 session presenters, a panel discussion, 4 workshops, poster and trade display along with the Innovation Awards Presentation Dinner.
Our presenters focused on the issues of Economic Development, Planning & Building, Sustainability and Community Development with the aim of advancing economic and social outcomes for regional Australia.
The conference provided an opportunity to discuss the challenges, opportunities and future of regional Australia.
Conference highlights were notably the Innovation Awards presented during the Conference Dinner, as well as the Panel discussion facilitated by Professor Kate Auty on the Thursday afternoon discussing the Future of the Regions.
Audio recordings of the presentations will be made available to delegates in the coming weeks along with the book of proceedings.
View the Conference Photo Gallery here.
A special thank you to our 2014 Keynote Speakers:
- Associate Professor Trevor Budge AM, Manager, Strategy City of Greater Bendigo and La Trobe University
- Professor John Cole, Executive Director, Institute for Resilient Regions, University of Southern Queensland
- Professor Max Finlayson, Professor for Ecology & Biodiversity, Director, Institute for Land, Water & Society, Charles Sturt University
- Ms Alexandra Gartman, CEO, Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
- Mr Mark Glover, Principal, Renewed Carbon
- Adjunct Professor Tony Sorensen, School of Behavioural, Cognitive and Social Sciences, University of New England
- Dr Hajime Suzuki, Project Leader, Rural Broadband Access Project, Digital Productivity Flagship, CSIRO
- Professor Andrew Vann, Vice-Chancellor and President, Charles Sturt University
- Mr Innes Willox, Chief Executive, Ai Group
Feedback from 2014 Attendees:
Great to see so many great ideas from regional Australia – more creative and energetic than ever.
It was one of the best conferences I have attended.
The topics were very relevant to me and I gained a lot of useful information and ideas.
A good mix of academic presentations and ‘on the ground’ working presentations.
We look forward to your involvement and support of the 2015 Conference.