Nominations are now being taken for the 2015 Regional Development Innovation Awards and will close this Friday 29 May.
The Awards aim to recognise and showcase outstanding achievements of individuals and organisations working to develop sustainable economies across Regional Australia.
The award categories are:
- Economic Development Award – Proudly sponsored by The Regional Development Company
- Planning and Building Award
- Environment and Sustainability Award
- Community Development Award – Proudly sponsored by La Trobe University
To submit a nomination simply complete the online form including the following:
- A brief overall description of your project, for use in the Conference Proceedings and other promotional material
- 300-words for each criterion
- All selection criteria to be addressed as appropriate to the project – if a criterion is not relevant to the project state ‘not applicable’
The 2015 Regional Development Innovation Awards will be presented at the Australian Regional Development Conference Dinner on Wednesday 26 August 2015 at the Commercial Club Albury.
To submit your nomination please visit the website here.
Winners for of the 2014 Regional Development Innovation Awards
Economic Development Award – Proudly sponsored by The Regional Development Company
Mr Marcus Westbury, Renew Newcastle Project: Renew Newcastle
Highly Commended – Mr Will Gerhard, Whitehorse City Council & Ms Julia Fenech, Wodonga Council
Planning and Building Award
Mr Robert Hunt, Liverpool Plains Shire Council Project: Quipolly Dam Upgrade
Highly Commended – Mr Stephen Smith, Deicke Richards
Environment and Sustainability Award
Ms Samantha Smith, Future Proofing Geelong Project: Future Proofing Geelong Program
Highly Commended – Mr Adam Gray, Local Government Association of SA
Community Development Award – Proudly sponsored by Charles Sturt University
Ms Alana Johnson, Voices for Indi Inc Project: Voices for Indi
Highly Commended – Mrs Cherelle Brooke, Coffs Harbour City Council