Call for Abstracts ends soon – we invite you to submit an abstract for the Australian Regional Development Conference which is being held in Albury, 15-16 October, 2014.
The theme of the conference is “Where to from Here?” will provide equal focus to the advancement of economic and social outcomes for regional Australia.
The aim of the conference is to advance economic and social outcomes for regional Australia. The conference provides the opportunity to discuss the challenges, opportunities and future of regional Australia.
The Australian Regional Development Conference streams for 2014 include the following;
- Economic Development
- Planning and Building
- Environment and Sustainability
- Community Development
Call for Abstracts – topics to-date
- Renewable energy and energy supply
- Natural resource management including water management
- Planning and Building with focus on small inland town, regional cities and coastal developments
- Social and recreation developments – cultural, sporting, historic precincts and services
- Economic development of major and smaller regional industries
- Community Service Delivery with a focus on health, housing affordability/access and special attention to aged care services
- Employment – job creation, skilled migration and unemployment
- Education and Training – regional universities and vocational training
- Government – policy, funding and evaluation
- Infrastructure and Transport stream – Road Freight, Rail, shipping and ports, regional airports/airlines, passengers services,
- Digital – broadband technology
Important Dates Abstracts Close 30th May