Regional Development Innovation Awards 2017
Who can apply?
Oganisations active in regional development across Australia, including councils, shires, rural and regional organisations, NGO and branches of government agencies that aim to better serve their communities across Australia.
To submit a nomination please complete the online form
Entries open 6 September 2016 and close 17 July 2017. Entries will only be accepted during this timeframe. To enter you must complete the online entry form
The online entry:
- requires you to provide a brief overall description of your project, for use in the Conference Proceedings and other promotional material
- has a 300-word limit to each criterion
- requires all selection criteria to be addressed as appropriate to the project; if a criterion is not relevant to the project state ‘not applicable’.
Note: applications and attachments will be printed in black and white only
Entries for the awards should address the following selection criteria:
Innovation and/or best practice
How does your project demonstrate innovation and/or best practice in the way your organisation does business or delivers services to your community?
Process and planning
How did you determine what changes were required to improve your business practices and/or better meet your community’s needs (for example, consultation processes, needs analysis, etcetera)?
What are the benefits of the project? Who benefits and how? Innovation
How does your project demonstrate innovation or deliver to community in terms of economic and social outcomes?
How are community needs met by this project?
The judging process
Each Award category will be judged by the Advisory Committee with judging based on the submitted entry form (entrants do not present). Judging will be based on the material provided by you, within the online entry form.
There are sponsorship opportunities for these Awards. The Sponsor of each Award is set at of $1500.00 per award:
- Naming rights to one of the award categories with recognition on the website and program
- Company logo displayed on the Award trophy and certificate
- Opportunity to present the Award to the winning recipient
- Acknowledgement of sponsorship during the Award Ceremony
- Prominent display of signage on stage during the Award Ceremony
- Recognition as a sponsor with a 50 word company description and logo in the handbook and website
- One full registration to the conference for your organisation representative
If you require more information about the Awards submission process and sponsorship please contact the Conference Secretariat.
Ph: (61 7) 5502 2068 Fax (61 7) 5527 3298