SHARE YOUR INSIGHT AND BE PART OF A GREATER REGIONAL MOVEMENT
Submissions are now closed
The 2019 Australian Regional Development Conference:
Oral presentations run for 30 minutes (20 minute presentation and 10 minute Q&A time with the audience).
When submitting a presentation to become an oral presenter, outline the aims, methods, relevance, results and conclusions of the work, research, project or case study you’re presenting.
Poster presentations combine text and graphics highlighting one or more of the conference topics and will be displayed in catering areas for the duration of the conference. This gives you the opportunity to connect and network with conference attendees, while delving deeper into your poster topic and how you are making an active contribution.
Specific information regarding size and mounting requirements will be provided with the notice of acceptance.
Panel discussions run for 90 minutes and brings together a range of different views in an Q&A style session with a minimum of three panellists, one chair and the interested conference audience.
Workshop presentations run for 90 minutes and are designed in an interactive format to facilitate active learning, such as discussion, activities, small group role plays. Presenters will be entirely responsible for the workshop facilitation – this is your time to shine!
What’s on the 2019 program?
Trends, funding and policy
- Funding opportunities for local councils
- Regional economic initiatives; partnerships
- Implementing regionally, government policies
- Impact of global trends
- Decentralisation of government offices, opportunities
- Facilitating program transition, local involvement
- Smart cities in the regions
- Investor attraction
- Banking and finance, liveable and investable, domestic superannuation
- Local Leadership; influence and information transfer
- Initiatives in structuring a vibrant community
- Engagement and innovation, person centred
- Learnings from other communities
Attracting business, corporate and small business opportunity
- Infrastructure, engagement, development and planning
- Long term sustainability
- Attracting investment, economic growth strategy
- Retention and increase of job availability
- Embracing entrepreneurship
Environment and resources
- Climate change adaptation
- Renewable energy and energy supply
- Natural resource management including water management
- Food and agriculture, farming
- Fisheries, ports, offshore
- Biodiversity, human centred
- Job creation and skilled migration, telecommuting, working age population
- Supporting the younger working population
- Overcoming adversity, learnings from other communities
- Refugee settlement
- Service delivery provision – health (NDIS), housing, aged care
- Housing affordability and urbanisation
- International and domestic education, universities and vocational training
- Cultural and entertainment, libraries
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Engaging industry sector opportunity – tourism, education, creative industries, defence force
- Transport strategies
- Futuristic view
- Trends in relation to industry, innovation and entrepreneurship decline, solutions
- Migrant settlement services i.e. trauma
1 July 2019
Award Submissions Close
26 July 2019
Early Bird Registration Closes
9 August 2019
Please note that all presenters at the conference are required to register. A special discounted rate is offered with all details supplied after abstract submission.